- No inappropriate or immodest clothing, including, but not limited to, shorts or skirts must be middle fingertip length, t-shirts w/ offensive words or images, and short shirts that do not cover the midriff.
- NWHE Coop Director reserves the right to modify the dress code or make final determination on what is appropriate dress.
Student Code of Conduct:
- Be prepared and ready to learn. Complete all assignments.
- Inform teacher and coop director if you will be late, absent or leave early.
- Treat all students, teachers & parents with respect.
- Bullying and taunting will not be tolerated.
- Arrive to class on time.
- No talking or loitering in the halls while classes are in session.
- Students must wait in Study Hall or Social Hall in between classes.
- Food and drink can only be consumed in Social Hall unless your class is given special permission.
- Students are not permitted outside (back, front or playground) without a teacher or parent.
- Students must enter and leave the building using the designated door only.
- Students must sign in when arriving, and sign out when picked up.
- Cell phone must be turned off or on vibrate at all times during coop. Accepting calls or text messages during class is not permitted.
- Be good stewards of the facilities and parking lot by leaving each in a better condition than it was found. (Put the chairs back where they belong, trash in trashcans, etc.) Each person needs to take a persona interest and responsibility for keeping the facility clean.
- Students should be picked up at least 15 minutes after their last class ends or no later than 3:15 pm. (Whichever comes first.)
- Students in study hall must keep their voices down and not be disruptive.
- No public displays of affection.
- Students are required to assist with cleanup at end of day.
All behavior deemed inappropriate will be documented.
- Verbal warning.
- Written warning and conference with student.
- Conference with parent.
- Possible removal from coop determined by coop director and NWHE steering committee.
- Extreme violations will result in an immediate call to parents to discuss proper action.
Parents, you are a critical component to the success of your student. We appreciate your support and diligence as you adhere to the following:
- Mandatory that one parent man Social Hall & Clean-up.
- Pay your teachers on time. (See schedule)
- Keep track of how your student is doing in his/her classes. Don’t automatically assume that no news is good news. Ask teachers or ask to see their grades.
- Encourage your student to handle difficulties before you step in. Students need to learn how to interact with the authorities placed over them. If parents rush in, then students miss out on a learning experience.
- Encourage your students to deal directly with those involved in a problem, and not gossip with others.
- Remember that other adults will be in charge of your students at co-op. These adults may make decisions, or handle issues, in ways you would handle them at home. Please be supportive of the adults and tutors.
- Do not bring other non-Co-op students to the church and leave them unattended or allow them to roam in the facility, parking lot, or playground. We want to avoid any extra responsibilities placed on the adults in charge.
- You must pick up your student on time after their last class. Please do not make a committee member wait for you.
- Do not bother the NWCC (church) staff with any questions or concerns about the co-op or the facility. Speak with Aubrey Russell if you have any issues or questions.
- First month’s tuition and supply fee due August 21, 2013 and is paid to teacher.
- Tuition is due the first Wednesday of each month.
- All tuition is paid directly to each teacher.
- If tuition is not paid to the teacher on the first Wednesday, a DAILY fine of $5 is accrued until turned in.
August 21- full month tuition or full semester
September 4- full month
October 2 – full month
November 6 – full month
December 4 - no tuition due
January 8 - full month or full semester
February 5 – full month
March 5 - full month
April 2 - full month
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the NWHE coop please contact Aubrey Russell (Coop Director) at email@example.com or (cell) 210-241-7784.
- All teachers must arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the scheduled class time. If you are running late, please call Aubrey ASAP. (We cannot make up classes.)
- Communicate to parents as needed.
- Schedule changes are NOT permitted.
- Have students clean up after themselves after each class.
- Provide parents with your contact information:
Cell Phone (optional)
- If you can’t make a class please either find a substitute or inform parents you are canceling class ASAP.
- Keep track of tuition paid or owed to you. If someone pays cash you must give them a receipt.
- Provide your own teaching supplies. (Dry erase markers, pencils, pens, paper, etc.)
- Provide each student with documentation at the end of the school year to show they completed the class.
- Enforce the coop student rules.
- Do not make schedule changes unless you get approval from the co-op director.
- Document any student behavioral infractions and submit to coop director immediately.
- Do not allow students to eat or drink in the classrooms.
- You are responsible for cleaning your room at the end of your class time.